Diana, like her Greek counterpart Artemis was the goddess of the hunt. To the ancient Romans, hunting was both a pastime and a matter of survival and showing respect to Mother Nature was essential aka respect the food chain. Just like hunting for survival, hunting waves is equally vital. So big ups and happy hunting to all the goddess surfers in the house.
The Diana with Geoflex follows Matuse’s mantra of making products Ichiban (the best) by looking forward, developing materials and construction in the most sustainable ways.
Matuse’s Geoflex Limestone Rubber is made with Eco Carbon Black additive recycled from post-consumer scrap tires in combination with water-based adhesives for fabric lamination, instead of conventional solvent-based glues. This eliminates Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s) and maintains bonding strength aka the durability you expect from Matuse.
We skip traditional dyeing processes, opting for dope-dyeing yarn to add color before yarn extrusion to save energy and water. To minimize waste, all of our trimmed edges from cutting wetsuit patterns are reused to produce more Geoflex sheets that make our Matuse products.
The Diana with Geoflex is fair-trade certified and is the next generation of responsible building that doesn’t sacrifice on the performance you expect.
• Hydrasilk: Minimizes water adsorption and maintains your suit’s overall shape memory, adding to its longevity. Hydrasilk is buttery-soft and located inside and outside of your suit, aka you won't want to take it off.
• Internal Farmer John Floodgate: Minimizes water entry on zipper opening side.
• Durasoft Nylon Taping: Applied to the inside seams and is soft to the skin, for extra comfort, durability, and warmth.
• YKK Vislon Zipper: Large #10V size zipper for ease of closure and prevention of salt corrosion.
• 360 Degree Hydrasilk Neckline: Velcro plush is set back from the top edge of the neckline and creates a 360-degree seal against water entry and adds Hydrasilk comfort against the skin.
• Easy access external key pouch: With elastic cord on side of hip / you don't have to take your suit off to access a key or other items stored while surfing.
Fair-Trade Certified Construction -
• Water based adhesives: Used for laminating our Hydrasilk Nylon instead of conventional solvent-based glues and minimizes Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s).
• Eco Carbon Black: A recycled additive from post-consumer scrap tires that improves suit durability.
• Dope-dyeing yarn process: We add color to our Nylon before yarn extrusion, skipping traditional dying processes to save on energy and water.
• Recycled Trims: All trim from cutting patterns is reused to create more Geoflex sheets, to build more Matuse suits aka we make no waste.
Economy Ground, 2nd Day and Next Day orders will be shipped and delivered by UPS. Orders will be processed and shipped within one to two business days, excluding holidays and weekends. UPS shipping days are based on business days. Please keep this in mind when submitting your order.